THE KOKOA WAY: WHAT DO WE MEAN BY 'CLEAN. GREEN. SCIENCE'?
THE KOKOA WAY
Here at Kokoa there are three terms that we believe embody our values, our products, and what we strive to deliver to you; our customers. Those terms are: Clean. Green. Science. We know many people fear generalised terms as they are often used without much foundation. But to us, each word of our strapline has a specific and significant definition: so let us show you what they means to us!
100% truly Natural & Toxin-Free Skincare. Backed by real SCIENCE.
THE KOKOA WAY: We create effective products by using SCIENCE as our foundation, and NATURE as our solution. Let us present our NIGHT OIL as an example.
THE SCIENCE OF KOKOA'S NIGHT OIL
CLEAN & NATURAL ~ KOKOA'S NIGHT OIL
Science is our brain, nature is our heart. 🧪🌱
CLEAN. GREEN. SCIENCE.
* The average person applies 85 - 168 different chemicals each day via their beauty regime.
* The skin absorbs up to 60% of the chemicals applied to the skin into the bloodstream.
By creating formulations using only toxin free ingredients that do not mix oil and water, we avoid the need for ingredients that do not provide a benefit to skin such as certain emulsifiers and preservatives.
We believe for every percentage of product taken up by ingredients that do not serve a skincare benefit, you are taking away a percentage of an ingredient that serves a skincare purpose!
All oil and butter based products are self-preserving (meaning a separate preservative does not have to be added), with tested shelf lives of a minimum of 12 months.All water based products are preserved with natural, non-toxic, polylysine, which not only possesses anti-aging properties due to its protein and amino acid content, but is also an effective preservative.
- 100% TOXIN FREE
- SULPHATE FREE
- PARABEN FREE
- NO NASTIES WHAT SO EVER!
* It is estimated that 100,000-200,000 animals suffer and die for cosmetics every year around the world. (Humane Society International).
* The Ellen Macarthur Foundation estimates that there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish by 2050 if we do not reduce our current plastic consumption.
* The world generates at least 3.5 million tons of plastic and other solid waste a day (National Geographic), with the cosmetics industry contributing 120 billion units of packaging annually (Forbes).
* Thousands of people are exploited DAILY through slave labour in the beauty industry
Plastics in the ocean can lead to the suffocation and entanglement of hundreds of marine species and wildlife. Floating plastics can also contribute to the spread of invasive marine organisms and bacteria, which disrupt ecosystems (IUCN).
Not only is buying vegan kinder to animals, but its kinder to our planet too! It is estimated that if the entire population switched to a vegan lifestyle, the use of agricultural land could be reduced by 75% on a global scale; significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions and wildlife extinction.
Palm Oil continues to be a major driver of deforestation of some of the worlds most biodiverse areas
We work directly with our ingredient suppliers to ensure a fair price, ethical treatment and sustainable production. We work with our farmers in Ghana directly to ensure that not only a fair wage is paid, but a good wage is always paid.
- ALL PRODUCTS HAVE A PLASTIC FREE OPTION (ONLY 2% PLASTIC USED)
- ALL PACKAGING IS RECYCLE-ABLE
- REFILL OPTIONS
Science is our brain. Nature is our heart. All products are formulated by our head scientist and founder Akosua "Kokoa" Akobeng, who studied at Kings College London. This means every ingredient has been selected for a specific scientific purpose, ensuring the effectiveness of all our products.
- EACH PRODUCT IS SCIENTIFICALLY FORMULATED BY FOUNDER "KOKOA"
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE
- HUNDREDS OF 5 STAR REVIEWS